Marine Audio Systems
Our high quality marine audio systems can transform a typical day on the water into a party with family and friends or a relaxing retreat.
Marine Audio Systems in San Diego
Imagine kicking back on your boat or yacht to enjoy the sun, surf, and your favorite tunes without worrying about the effects of elements on your stereo system. At Car Audio City, our selection of boat stereos and marine audio speakers feature top-notch performance and rugged materials to stand up to any water-related adventure. Whether you have a speedboat, fishing boat, pleasure cruiser, or yacht, our high quality marine audio systems can transform a typical day on the water into a party with family and friends—or a relaxing retreat with a chill playlist if that’s more your style.
*Contact us for a quote, questions, concerns
The best sound in any environment
Marine audio systems are built tough, but all that necessary protection from the elements doesn’t mean a sacrifice in sound quality. And when it comes to brand quality, Car Audio City offers the best marine stereo system options from Kicker Audio, including:
- Receivers: Kicker’s all-weather receiver units feature over 200 watts of peak power with dual zone control, satellite radio and Bluetooth compatibility, plus a full array of RCA outputs. And to ensure your nautical jaunts are as relaxing as possible, Kicker marine receivers include multiple waterproof remote controls for easy song shuffling or satellite radio tuning.
- Speakers: Marine speakers from Kicker Audio can endure nearly anything the weather throws at them, with UV-blocking treatments applied to all speaker components and hardware forged from corrosion-resistant stainless steel. Kicker also offers LED light-enhanced coaxial speakers, featuring seven bright colors to light up your night on the water.
- Subwoofers: With a completely sealed motor structure, Kicker Audio marine subwoofers are completely waterproof and tested for salt, fog, and UV exposure. You can also add an LED grille with seven selectable colors to complement your LED speaker light show.
- Amplifiers: Coated circuit boards, non-corrosive connectors, thick gaskets, and a UV treated aluminum chassis protect Kicker’s marine amplifiers from the elements while delivering plenty of power—enough to blast tunes over the sound of wind, water, and engine noise.
- Tower systems: Kicker also offers marine audio systems specifically designed for wakeboard towers. With UV-protected enclosures to guard against extra sun exposure and fully sealed cones for ultimate weatherproofing, Kicker’s tower systems are as durable as they are powerful.
Even with added protection, the best way to ensure speakers for boats and other equipment are fully safeguarded against water exposure, corrosion, and UV damage is professional marine audio installation by the experts at Car Audio City.
Marine Audio FAQs
Why won’t car audio equipment work on a boat?
It will, as long as your boat stays safely stored on dry land. The slightest splash of water (especially salty sea water) can instantly damage audio equipment, and prolonged exposure to the sun can also damage components that are designed for a car interior, rather than outside in the elements. Marine audio equipment is built with rugged materials and purposefully designed with added protection from water, sun, wind, and corrosive salt.
What is the difference between waterproof and water-resistant?
Waterproof means the equipment can be fully submerged in water, although depths and amount of time underwater vary. Water-resistant means the equipment can handle moderate splashing and light rain, but not complete submersion.
What additional protection is available for marine audio systems?
If water resistance isn’t enough for your boating needs, waterproof covers are available to protect equipment from both water and the sun. You can also mount the receiver in a protected location, and used a wired remote to control it from a safe distance.
How far offshore can satellite radio reach?
Most marine audio satellite radios offer clear reception up to 200 miles offshore in the Pacific Ocean, the Atlantic Ocean, the Gulf of Mexico, the Caribbean Sea, and the Great Lakes. However, satellite radio is not available in Alaska and Hawaii, so the “200-mile” limit doesn’t apply to those areas.
If you’re ready to upgrade your adventures on the water with high-quality sound, give us a call at (619) 474-8551. We’ll set you up with the best marine audio system for your needs.